Pemra issues warning against criticism of Saudi Arabia with regards to Mina stampede
In a statement issued directly to the top management of news channels through an SMS, Pemra said, “Some channels are airing programmes on Mina accident and indirectly [accusing] Saudi Arabia of mismanagement. They need to be reminded that Article 19 of the Constitution restricts comments that may affect relations with friendly countries.”
The electronic media regulator has also asked the owners and top management of media houses to look into the matter seriously.
Observers say this is the second time in five months that the government has intervened through the electronic media regulator to curb discussion with regards to Saudi Arabia.
- Mohammad Hasnain to undergo bowling test after action questioned by ...06:26 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Over dozen killed as Saudi-led coalition targets Houthis in Yemen ...06:07 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- PTI believes in free, fair and transparent LB in AJK: Tanveer Ilyas05:52 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Maryam Nawaz sees end of PTI’s rule ‘in days’05:32 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Ushna Shah leaves fans stunned with latest video05:15 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui takes a hilarious jibe at Humayun Saeed04:17 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Minal Khan and Ahsan Mohsin share stunning portrait from Kartarpur03:46 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021