Oldest Refugee: 110-year-old refugee arrives in Germany in good health
Abdul Qadir Azizi, arrived in Germany with his 60-year-old daughter and eight other family members, who had to carry him for much of the journey.
Aziz's family, when asked by German officials, said he was born on 1 January, 1905.
However, he has no papers or birth certificate to prove his claim, and police have not yet been able to verify his true age.
He is believed to be the oldest refugee to arrive in Germany, which has accepted 800,000 people this year alone.
As reported by The Telegraph, German federal police spokesman Werner Straubinger told journalists: "Even if the man is only 90 years old, is flight is an amazing achievement."
At the refugee reception centre in Deggendorf, near the border with Austria in the south east of Germany, police were surprised to find that although frail, deaf and blind, Mr Azizi needed no help from doctors.
- Terror suspect arrested in Indian occupied Kashmir was 'an active BJP ...12:14 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Fomer MQM minister Babar Ghauri arrested at Karachi airport11:52 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Deadline for Sharjah Government Communication Award submissions ...10:51 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Army chief tells military, intelligence officials to stay away from ...10:45 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- realme 9 Series Redefined Ultra-clear Smartphone Photography with ...10:25 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill’s Punjabi version of ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ ...07:53 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- TikTok star Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:42 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022