Oldest Refugee: 110-year-old refugee arrives in Germany in good health
Abdul Qadir Azizi, arrived in Germany with his 60-year-old daughter and eight other family members, who had to carry him for much of the journey.
Aziz's family, when asked by German officials, said he was born on 1 January, 1905.
However, he has no papers or birth certificate to prove his claim, and police have not yet been able to verify his true age.
He is believed to be the oldest refugee to arrive in Germany, which has accepted 800,000 people this year alone.
As reported by The Telegraph, German federal police spokesman Werner Straubinger told journalists: "Even if the man is only 90 years old, is flight is an amazing achievement."
At the refugee reception centre in Deggendorf, near the border with Austria in the south east of Germany, police were surprised to find that although frail, deaf and blind, Mr Azizi needed no help from doctors.
- Ashura processions culminate peacefully across Pakistan11:08 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- 9th Sharjah Film Festival announces 100 films from 43 countries10:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Sheikh Rasheed dodges police raid in Islamabad10:02 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022