Oldest Refugee: 110-year-old refugee arrives in Germany in good health
Abdul Qadir Azizi, arrived in Germany with his 60-year-old daughter and eight other family members, who had to carry him for much of the journey.
Aziz's family, when asked by German officials, said he was born on 1 January, 1905.
However, he has no papers or birth certificate to prove his claim, and police have not yet been able to verify his true age.
He is believed to be the oldest refugee to arrive in Germany, which has accepted 800,000 people this year alone.
As reported by The Telegraph, German federal police spokesman Werner Straubinger told journalists: "Even if the man is only 90 years old, is flight is an amazing achievement."
At the refugee reception centre in Deggendorf, near the border with Austria in the south east of Germany, police were surprised to find that although frail, deaf and blind, Mr Azizi needed no help from doctors.
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer pleads being ‘mentally ill’04:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Saba Qamar and Fahad Mustafa stun fans with sizzling performance in ...04:13 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sindh Bar Council secretary shot dead in broad daylight03:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- 3 students killed, 8 injured in Michigan school shooting, suspect in ...03:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Scores injured after dozens of vehicles collide in huge motorway ...02:18 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani model apologises over photoshoot at Kartarpur gurdwara09:53 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021