Federal Minister for Narcotics Control Ali Muhammad Mahar injured in suspected robbery in Karachi
According to details, some unidentified persons entered the house of the federal minister situated in Defence Phase-IV area of Karachi and made the servants of the house hostage. They then entered Ali Muhammad Mahar’s room and tortured him.
The attackers managed to flee from the scene after subjecting the minister with severe torture. Ali Muhammad Mehar has been shifted to a private hospital in Karachi. A large number of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leaders and workers reached the hospital after getting information.
Police officials have said that they have recorded the statements of Mahar's servants but that they found discrepancies in their comments.
The police have launched an inquiry to the alleged dacoity attempt, after seeking CCTV footages.
Further, the inspector-general (IG) of Sindh has sought a report on the inquiry and steps pertaining to the arrest of the suspects involved from the deputy inspector-general (DIG) on the suspected dacoity incident, his spokesperson said.
Talking to media outside the hospital, PTI leaders have condemned the attack on Ali Muhammad Mehar and informed that Ali Muhammad Mehar is in stable condition as he suffered injuries on his forehead.
While criticizing the Sindh government, Khurrum Sher Zaman said that law and order situation in the province getting worse day by day and added that the Sindh government has failed in all sectors.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022