Shilpa Shetty releases detailed statement after husband Raj Kundra's arrest
Amidst the pornography case, Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra has finally broken her silence with an official statement.
Shetty's husband Raj Kundra got arrested in a case related to the alleged creation of pornographic films as he was booked for being the 'key conspirator'.
Turning to her social media handle, the Baazigar actor penned a lengthy note addressing the ongoing events.
“Yes! The past few days have been challenging, on every front. There have been a lot of rumours and accusations. A lot of unwarranted aspersions on me cast by the media and (not so) well wishers as well. A lot of trolling/questions posed… not only to me but also to my family.”
My statement. pic.twitter.com/AAHb2STNNh— SHILPA SHETTY KUNDRA (@TheShilpaShetty) August 2, 2021
“MY STAND… I HAVE NOT COMMENTED YET and will continue to refrain from doing so on this case as it is subjudice, so please stop attributing false quotes on my behalf. Reiterating my philosophy of, as a celebrity “Never complain, never explain”. All I will say is, as it’s an on-going investigation, I have full faith in the Mumbai Police & the Indian judiciary.
Further, she requested everyone to respect her privacy for the sake of her children and refrain from spreading baseless rumours.
“As a family, we are taking recourse to all our available legal remedies. But, till then I humbly request you - especially as a MOTHER - to respect our privacy for my children’s sake and request you to refrain from commenting on half-baked information without verifying the veracity of the same.”
“I am a proud law-abiding Indian citizen and a hardworking professional for the last 29 years. People have put their faith in ME & I’ve never let anyone down. So, most importantly, I request you to respect my family’s and ‘my right’ to privacy in these times.”
“We don’t deserve a media trial. Please let the law take its course. With Positivity and Gratitude, Shilpa Shetty Kundra,” the Bollywood diva concluded.
Back in 2009, Shetty got married to Raj Kundra. Later, she gave birth to a son Viaan Raj Kundra and a daughter via surrogacy.
Pornography case: Bail plea of Shilpa Shetty’s ... 10:00 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
An Indian court on Wednesday rejected bail plea filed by Raj Kundra, the husband of Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, in a ...
- Three-day weekly closure of schools announced in Punjab as smog ...10:54 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- FPCCI to support PCA in export10:51 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Shaheen Shah Afridi nominated for ICC Player of The Month award for ...10:13 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PTI leader Shahbaz Gill hospitalized with breathing difficulties09:44 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022