Shoaib Malik becomes first cricketer to play 100 T20Is
Malik got the honour in the second game of the tri-series against Australia in Harare.
His former team-mate Shahid Afridi had played 99 T20Is. England's Colin Cowdrey was the first to play 100 Tests, in 1968, while Australia's Allan Border was the first to 100 ODIs, in 1985.
Pakistani cricket stalwart Shoaib Malik also held the honour of becoming the third batsman to reach 2000 runs in T20 Internationals on Sunday. Malik reached the milestone during his 92nd T20 innings against Zimbabwe in Harare.
Martin Guptill of New Zealand is at the top with 2271 runs on board and his team's former captain Brendon McCullum is at number 2 with 2140.
On the occasion, Shoaib’s wife and Indian tennis star Sania Mirza posted a special message for her husband in order to congratulate him on this achievement.
Malik’s impressive run record boasts a staggering 2,026 runs made in 99 T20I at an average of 31.65 and a strike rate of over 122.
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021