Pakistan hopes for sustained, comprehensive partnership with EU: Foreign Secretary
Chaudhry is currently representing Pakistan in the third Round of Political Dialogue between Pakistan and the European Union in Brussels. The EU side is led by Deputy Secretary General European External Action Service Helga Schmid.
The Foreign Secretary said EU's GSP-Plus facility greatly helped Pakistan stimulate trade relations with Europe.
Helga Schmid affirmed EU’s desire to expand relations with Pakistan in different areas.
She also appreciated the steps and initiatives Pakistan had taken for the promotion and protection of human rights.
The two sides agreed to enhance bilateral cooperation across all spheres, including parliamentary exchanges, bilateral political consultations between Foreign Ministries and linkages between education institutions.
Both sides also discussed the situation in Afghanistan, South Asia and the Middle East.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020