PM Sharif terms Altaf's apology a positive step
The premier said such statements hurt the public sentiments and disrespect to the national institutions.
He stressed the political leaders to deal the matters related to national interest very carefully.
The nation respects the national institutions and attach their emotions to the armed forces notably, the statement said, any statement against them is an expression of irresponsibility.
Sharif added that it is the responsibility of the federal government to react to any such derogatory behavior towards national institutions and armed forces.
He urged the media channels to observe the rules while broadcasting such negative remarks and uphold the national interest.
Earlier Altaf Hussain had mad derogatory remarks against the armed forces in an address to the party workers on Thursday night but apologized following the criticism from political parties and a warning from military spokesperson.
- Mahira Khan’s new beach video goes viral07:28 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022