ECC maintains support prices for wheat at Rs1,300
The decision was taken at a meeting presided over by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Thursday in Islamabad.
In the last few years, Pakistan witnessed the unusual production of wheat crops due to higher support price as compare to price in international market.
It has also been decided to supply 20,000 tonnes of wheat to the United Nations World Food Programme for the temporary displaced persons of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata).
The ECC also gave a green signal for the construction of Machike-Tarujabba Oil Pipeline Project for supplying oil from Lahore to Peshawar.
The government also approved a bailout package worth Rs 13.6 for Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) facing financial crunches.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022