Supreme Court restores membership of PML-N's MPA from PK-54 Mansehra
On March 12, the PHC had asked the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) 12 to denotify Rehman as an MPA of the KP Assembly from PK-54, Mansehra-II following charges of holding a fake degree of seminary.
Competitor of Rehman filed a petition before the court alleging that he submitted nomination papers in 2008 and 2013 elections with false information regarding qualification.
However, on Monday the Supreme Court rejected the high court's decision over a request filed by Rehman.
He stated that the issue should have been highlighted before the election tribunal at the time of the 2013 general elections.
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021