Raheel Sharif wouldn’t have dreamt of becoming COAS, taunts Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair
Muhammad Zubair who was recently sworn in as Governor Sindh made these remarks during a current affairs program on Samaa TV.
The Sindh governor stated that Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz took the initiative of launching a crackdown against extremist elements in the country refuting the role of military.
'The impression that the military decided to launch operation against extremism is wrong,' Zubair said.
It may be mentioned that although Muhammad Zubair apparently termed appointment of Raheel Sharif as military head, a big deal but after the retirement of Raheel Sharif in November last year, he has become a most sought after commander.
As per media reports, he would be joining the Islamic Military Alliance in next few months, for which Pakistani government has also issued a 'No Objection Certificate'.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019