Raheel Sharif wouldn’t have dreamt of becoming COAS, taunts Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair
Muhammad Zubair who was recently sworn in as Governor Sindh made these remarks during a current affairs program on Samaa TV.
The Sindh governor stated that Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz took the initiative of launching a crackdown against extremist elements in the country refuting the role of military.
'The impression that the military decided to launch operation against extremism is wrong,' Zubair said.
It may be mentioned that although Muhammad Zubair apparently termed appointment of Raheel Sharif as military head, a big deal but after the retirement of Raheel Sharif in November last year, he has become a most sought after commander.
As per media reports, he would be joining the Islamic Military Alliance in next few months, for which Pakistani government has also issued a 'No Objection Certificate'.
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Punjab CM takes notice of offensive fashion shoot at Kartarpur ...07:40 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021