Raheel Sharif wouldn’t have dreamt of becoming COAS, taunts Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair
Muhammad Zubair who was recently sworn in as Governor Sindh made these remarks during a current affairs program on Samaa TV.
The Sindh governor stated that Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz took the initiative of launching a crackdown against extremist elements in the country refuting the role of military.
'The impression that the military decided to launch operation against extremism is wrong,' Zubair said.
It may be mentioned that although Muhammad Zubair apparently termed appointment of Raheel Sharif as military head, a big deal but after the retirement of Raheel Sharif in November last year, he has become a most sought after commander.
As per media reports, he would be joining the Islamic Military Alliance in next few months, for which Pakistani government has also issued a 'No Objection Certificate'.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020