JazzCash Mobile Account nominated for GSMA Glomo Awards 2017
The GSMA Glomo Awards offer organisations across the global mobile eco-system the opportunity to showcase the latest mobile products, apps, devices, services, and initiatives to the world, and are considered the most prestigious telecom awards at the global level.
"We congratulate all of the nominees for the Glomo Awards, which once again saw an impressive number of entries,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “The Glomo Awards recognise those companies and individuals that are driving innovation in the rapidly evolving mobile industry, and we are excited to this year introduce several new awards that highlight the very latest developments in this dynamic industry. We wish the best of luck to the 2017 Glomo Award nominees,” he added.
Aniqa Afzal Sandhu, Director Mobile & Digital Financial Services – Jazz said, “At JazzCash we are determined to not just provide an enabling service but to also create financial literacy amongst women leading to a more empowered society. Being the number one Mobile Account in Pakistan, this is yet another breakthrough for JazzCash where we are now being recognised at the global level. This is not just a proud moment for all of us at Jazz but also for Pakistan. I wish best of luck to all the nominees who have been shortlisted this year.”
Along with serving the masses through a host of digital and mobile financial services, JazzCash is increasing women’s economic participation by facilitating greater control over finances, providing them with means to save money and access various financial services.
Winners of the awards will be announced at Mobile World Congress organised by the GSMA from 27 February, 2017 – 2 March, 2017 in Barcelona.
- Adnan Siddiqui, Humayun Saeed team up for new Pak-Turk project11:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Accha’ makes it to Cambridge Dictionary11:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Virgin Atlantic launches direct flights for Pakistan next week11:14 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- PIA removed from EU Commission’s list of banned airlines10:41 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Punjab governor, wife volunteer for COVID-19 vaccine trial10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani responds to ‘hair loss’ lawsuit07:50 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Agha Ali celebrates birthday with family07:04 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Beautiful bond’ between Rahim Pardesi's wives sparks online ...09:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020