Turkish news channels barred from airing 'breaking news'
According to Birgün daily, officials from RTÜK told TV executives in a meeting that airing of ‘breaking news’ especially with regards to terrorist attacks will be restricted.
Giving details on how a ‘breaking new’ to be broadcasted in Turkish news channels, RTÜK officials shared notes with TV executives highlighting some rules and practices to follow during media reporting.
According to the note, Turkish TV stations will be barred from broadcasting every footage or information immediately after an attack or incident that threatens national security. TV channels will also not allowed giving details of perpetrators, victims, locations of the incident and also sharing views of the onlookers.
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tests positive for coronavirus10:01 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 26 November 202009:34 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:27 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020