Yawar Ali replaces Syed Mansoor Shah as LHC chief justice
A formal notification issued by the Law Ministery states that Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar will administer the oath of office to Justice Shah, who was appointed as the LHC chief justice in June 2015.
Justice Yawar is a member of the special court that is hearing the treason case against former military ruler Pervez Musharraf. He may work as LHC CJ till October.
According to the seniority list, Justice Asif Saeed Khosa will be the next CJP. After his retirement, Justice Gulzar Ahmad, Justice Umar Ata Bandial and Justice Qazi Faez Isa will work as the country’s top judge.
After Justice Isa’s retirement, Justice Shah will be appointed as the CJP.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019