Iconic Band Strings is Back with a Bang and This Time They'll Really Blow You Away
The iconic pop-rock band Strings are set to mark three decades of beyond awesome music and get this - they are here with eight brand new singles!
How long we've waited for this day!
The duo Faisal Kapadia and Bilal Maqsood, who literally created the pop-rock genre in Pakistan, will be giving us their signature mood music with the first two tracks being Sajni and Urr Jaaon.
The duo started off back in the late 80s and since then have become the inspirations for many young musicians and bands. Strings the band was the first and perhaps only to be internationally recognized, esp in South Asia.
Strings was first formed in 1988 by four members.
Their first album called Strings was released in 1990, followed by their second album, released in 1992. The second album featured tracks such as Sar Kiye Yeh Pahar that made them the icons of the nation.
Strings disbanded in 1992.
They returned with a bang in 2000 with the melody that doesn't leave our ears for long and everytime we hear the title of this song, we can't help but sing along - yes I'm talking about Duuuurrr!
Duur even made waves in India!
Then, Strings released their fourth studio album Dhaani including a single titled Najane Kyun which was featured as a soundtrack for the Hollywood film Spider-Man 2 in 2004 and also the Urdu version of Spider-Man by Columbia TriStar Films of India.
Strings became the first Pakistani band to ever sing on an international film.
Strings won MTV Asia’s Favourite Artist India award in 2005 and sang all the songs we love from the films Zinda, Shootout at Lokhandwala & John Day. The band released their fifth studio album Koi Aanay Wala Hai in 2008 and also produced the soundtrack for the award-winning Pakistani feature film Moor in 2015.
Strings took over Coke Studio from Rohail Hyatt to make a debut with Season 7 in 2014 and produced four consecutive seasons - we cannot be ANY MORE grateful for that than we now!
They bid farewell to Coke Studio last year, but they promised to return with more iconic music as they now embark on yet another exciting chapter in their musical expedition.
We can't wait to see what they have in store for all the Strings fans and the 90's kids!
- ‘Aik Qaum, Aik Manzil’: ISPR releases new promo for Pakistan Day ...03:35 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Four Peshawar neighbourhoods put under micro smart lockdown as ...03:15 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Several arrested in Pakistan’s first case of Bitcoin extortion02:45 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi’s family responds to reports of daughter’s ...01:55 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021