Pregnant woman fined for walking wrong way at Paris metro
The ticket was issued when she tried to shorten her journey by walking counter to a one-way system at Concorde, according to Le Figaro.
Paris metro operator RATP said the system was needed to control flow and prevent "incidents".
The woman's partner posted a picture of the fine on Twitter, saying "Bravo for this racket."
60€ d’amende sans préavis pour une femme enceinte qui prend un couloir à contre-sens. Bravo pour ce racket facile. Par contre il y a toujours autant de mendiants réguliers, de fraudeurs sans tickets, de pickpockets... cc: @le_Parisien @lemondefr #TransportsIDF @Ligne1_RATP pic.twitter.com/OUCfDqHIbe
— Nicolas MATTIOCCO (@MaKyOtOx) February 27, 2018
Reports suggest a number of other metro users had also been targeted the same day.
RATP said issuing tickets for the offence was "infrequent" and that it was up to individual inspectors.
"Certain corridors can only be used in one direction in order to facilitate flows and especially to avoid incidents," it said.
Paris Metro is one of the densest metro systems in the world, with 245 stations within the 86.9 km2 (34 sq mi) of the city of Paris. Châtelet – Les Halles, with 5 Métro lines and three RER commuter rail lines, is the world's largest metro (subway) station.
- Senior Civil judge accused of rape, taking bribe arrested in KP07:06 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Aleem Khan steps down as Punjab minister ‘to keep impartiality’06:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Police baton-charge people protesting against Nasla Tower’s ...06:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021