Pakistan continues relief operation in quake-hit Nepal
This was stated by Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry while addressing a joint press conference with Nepal's Ambassador in Pakistan, Bharat Raj Paudyal and Chairman National Disaster Management Authority, Major General Asghar Nawaz in Islamabad on Sunday.
The Foreign Secretary said Pakistanis at home and abroad are sending the contributions to the fund.
He said Pakistan was the first country which immediately responded to the call of help by the Nepalese authorities on the special directives of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif after the devastating earthquake.
He said Nepal's Embassy in Islamabad has also played an effective role in coordinating relief efforts for the quake affectees.
Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry said initial relief consignments including tents, medicines and food items have already been sent to Kathmandu through six C-130s flights.
He said a 30-bed mobile hospital of Pakistan with 50 doctors is also working in Kathmandu.
Aizaz Chaudhry said Pakistan Army's special teams also closely coordinated in the search and relief operations in quake hit areas of Nepal.
The Foreign Secretary said Nepalese Chief of Army Staff has lauded Pakistan relief operations.
Nepalese Ambassador to Pakistan said they are grateful to the Government and people of Pakistan for generous support extended by Pakistan at this difficult time.
He said thirty five districts of Nepal have badly been hit by the 7.9 magnitude earthquake, killing over six thousand people and injuring fourteen thousand others.
The Nepalese envoy said forty one thousand houses have been completely destroyed while one hundred and fifty thousand partly damaged.
He said three hundred fifty thousand people are in dire need of immediate relief across Nepal.
He said Pakistani rescue team is working in hardest area in Nepal.
- UN, US hail Pakistan-India agreement to ceasefire at LoC in disputed ...02:20 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- PSL6, Match 7, Lahore vs Multan - Live Score and Live Updates02:00 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Dil Na Umeed Toh Nahi – A gripping plot about social evils09:42 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021