Pakistan's nuclear programme fully secure, capable to counter threats, says Sartaj
Addressing a seminar titled "Pakistan's non-proliferation efforts and strategic export control system" in Islamabad, the Adviser said Pakistan is committed to nuclear security and has been proactively engaged with the international community to promote nuclear safety and security.
Sartaj Aziz said Pakistan is a peace loving country but it was compelled to get nuclear deterrence in the face of growing threat to its security and integrity after Indian nuclear tests. However, he maintained, Pakistan remains committed to nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament.
He said Indian fleet of nuclear submarine and Cold Start doctrine pose serious threat to the region. All these developments have compelled Pakistan to maintain minimum nuclear deterrence.
Later, talking to media persons, the Adviser said Pakistan requires F-16 fighter jets from the United States to combat terrorists.
He said though the US has stopped funding for the fighter jets but it is providing annually 265 million dollars to Pakistan.
To a question, the Adviser said the quadrilateral coordination group is in contact with the Qatar office of Taliban for the revival of peace process in Afghanistan.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020