PIA-Palpa conflict enters third day: Passengers suffer as 55 flights cancelled
Another three flights have been cancelled while one was delayed on Saturday.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister (PM) on Aviation, Shujaat Azeem has summoned both PIA and Palpa representatives in light of the ongoing unresolved issues.
All three which have been cancelled were inter-country flights from Karachi. The flights were supposed to depart for Faisalabad, Multan and Lahore.
On the other hand, a flight which was supposed to take off for Peshawar from Karachi, PK-502 was delayed. The flight will take off at around 2:50pm instead of 11:30am.
Earlier, PIA Chairman Nasir Jaffar appealed to Palpa to end strike. He said that the President of Palpa is misleading the public.
He said that he had floated the idea of negotiations.
The clash rose when Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) revoked licenses of two pilots. The act prompted Palpa to announce non-cooperation with the administration.
- #ImranKhanCancelEXAMS trends on twitter amid COVID-19 fears11:26 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan-origin girl blinded, disfigured in New York acid attack10:47 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan receives 500,000 doses of procured Chinese SinVac vaccine10:12 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Quetta hotel blast was suicide attack, confirms interior minister09:22 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan drops big pregnancy hint in latest Instagram post07:57 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Shoaib Malik gives fans major fitness goals in new workout video06:58 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Wasim Akram enjoying Ramadan break with son in Dubai06:37 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021