Nick Jonas reveals he almost slipped into coma before diabetes diagnosis
NEW YORK - Hollywood singer Nick Jonas despite rolling in fame and glory has had his fair share of troubles in life, as the singer finally opened up about his health scares.
Having a talk with Cigar Aficionado magazine, the 27-year-old ‘Sucker’ hitmaker revealed that at the age of 13, he almost got into a coma.
"I kept asking my parents, 'Am I going to be OK?' I was just so concerned that it was going to limit my ability to do all the things I wanted to do. I was very scared," he said adding that he "found out very quickly it's a very manageable disease - as long as you're really diligent.”
Earlier reports had revealed that the singer-turned-actor had his blood sugar levels spiking to perilous levels as he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
The medical conditions had been discovered after his parents had taken him to the hospital over concerns for his deteriorating weight and recurrent, unhealthy cravings for soda.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- NCOC prepares guidelines for Eidul Azha04:25 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020