Nick Jonas reveals he almost slipped into coma before diabetes diagnosis
NEW YORK - Hollywood singer Nick Jonas despite rolling in fame and glory has had his fair share of troubles in life, as the singer finally opened up about his health scares.
Having a talk with Cigar Aficionado magazine, the 27-year-old ‘Sucker’ hitmaker revealed that at the age of 13, he almost got into a coma .
"I kept asking my parents, 'Am I going to be OK?' I was just so concerned that it was going to limit my ability to do all the things I wanted to do. I was very scared," he said adding that he "found out very quickly it's a very manageable disease - as long as you're really diligent.”
Earlier reports had revealed that the singer-turned-actor had his blood sugar levels spiking to perilous levels as he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes .
The medical conditions had been discovered after his parents had taken him to the hospital over concerns for his deteriorating weight and recurrent, unhealthy cravings for soda.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019