Model Sofia Mirza files complaint with FIA over 'malicious campaign' against her
LAHORE- Actor-model Sofia Mirza has registered a complaint with the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) over a ‘malicious social media campaign’ being directed against her.
Model Sofia Mirza involved in money laundering ... 01:55 PM | 2 Sep, 2019
LAHORE - Pakistani model cum actor Sofia Mirza has been nominated in a major money laundering case. According to the ...
Earlier, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had sent a letter to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) demanding action against the actress for being involved in a money laundering case. NAB has already initiated its investigation against the actress and requested FIA to do the same.
Mirza, in a series of tweets, denied all allegations leveled against her. She claims that these are just rumors spread by her ex-husband Umar Farooq Zahoor.
"I am fine, innocent and fighting for my kid's recovery. These type of acts would not stop a mother to get her daughters back. I have legally taken action against all social media through cybercrime in FIA .#Saynotopropoganda"
I am fine,innocent and fighting for my kids recovery.These type of acts would not stop a mother to get her daughters back. I have legally taken action against all social media through cyber crime in FIA .#Saynotopropoganda #BringBackZainabZunairah #sophiamirza #sophiamirza pic.twitter.com/5nNzKa4Xdo— Sophia Mirza (@IamSophiaMirza) September 2, 2019
2. I am fine,innocent and fighting for my kids recovery.These type of acts would not stop a mother to get her daughters back. I have legally taken action against all social media through cyber crime in FIA .#Saynotopropoganda #BringBackZainabZunairah #sophiamirza #sophiamirza pic.twitter.com/I1CjuT9H8y— Sophia Mirza (@IamSophiaMirza) September 2, 2019
In the application submitted to the FIA, the actress pleaded the cybercrime wing to take action against the campaign. She also demands an apology from the websites running the fake news.
“This campaign is being run against me to malign my image as the recovery case of my children is currently being heard in the Lahore High Court,” the statement read.
Mirza is one of the most controversial figures in Pakistan showbiz industry. Only a few years back, she was also nominated in a fraud and kidnapping case. Later on, she was found guilty in both cases.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Patient killed after Rescue 1122 ambulance falls into Muzaffargarh ...04:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan's rank drops by three spots in global corruption index04:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan conducts successful training launch of ballistic missile ...03:14 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Gohar Rasheed to be a part of Nadeem Baig's London Nahi Jaunga01:37 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Weinstein rape trial opens with clashing portrayals of ex-Hollywood ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019