10,000 voters unidentifiable in NA-122: NADRA report
These unidentifiable voters have no record with NADRA, claim reliable sources, adding these ballots are expected to be declared as bogus in the final report to be submitted to the tribunal.
The thumb verification process was carried out at Lahore’s Forensic Laboratory and the findings will be submitted to the tribunal on Tuesday by Director General Amir Ali Hussain.
The election tribunal is due to conduct the next hearing on May 6.
Earlier an Election Tribunal ordered the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to conduct a re-election in NA-125 after reaching a decision on rigging in last general elections from the constituency.
The verdict was reserved by the tribunal on April 30 when the lawyers had formally completed the arguments in the case.
Federal Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique was declared winner from this constituency during 2013 general elections, while PTI’s candidate Hamid Khan had challenged the election result.
The tribunal has also ordered to hold re-election in PP-155, which falls under the same constituency.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has decided to challenge the decision of the election tribunal which ordered re-election in NA-125 and PP-155 in the Supreme Court of Pakistan, said media reports.
National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) was ordered to verify the votes in seven polling stations out of the total 265 polling stations previously.
In 2013’s general elections PMLN candidate Khawaja Saad Rafiq had bagged 123094 votes who was followed by the PTI candidate PTI Hamid Khan with 83190 votes.
PMLN’s Mian Naseer Ahmad was elected from PP-155 where PTI’s Hafiz Farhat had challenged the result.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), which had blamed the winning party for manipulating the poll results immediately after the elections, has been time and again asking the government to verify the ballots in the four constituencies including NA-125.
Previously in April this year the ruling party, PMLN, and PTI agreed to constitute a judicial commission to investigate the allegations of rigging which started functioning in the mid of last month.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:28 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 September 202111:04 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- OPPO, Pakistan Tourism ‘Discover the Face of Pakistan’ with the ...10:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Local govt elections to be held in next year: Shafqat09:36 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan’s coronavirus positivity rate drops to 3.17pc08:46 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021