PM Imran to announce 200,000 needs-based scholarships for undergraduate students today
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan will launch Ehsaas For Students, the largest undergraduate scholarship program, to assist high-achievers from low-income families.
The Ehsaas Scholarship is a major initiative to enhance access to higher education as the government wishes to ensure that no student is deprived of education because of financial needs.
The program, which will give 50,000 scholarships per year, making it 200,000 in four years, cover tuition fees and stipend.
Fifty percent of scholarships have been reserved for female students and the students with special needs and also from remote and disadvantaged areas are especially encouraged to apply.
The eligibility criteria for students include admission on merit at any public sector university and with family income below the poverty threshold.
After launch, the students can apply online at http://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk or submit the completed forms along with necessary documents to the Financial Aid Office of the respective university.
The deadline for submission of application is December 10, 2019.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020