PM Imran to announce 200,000 needs-based scholarships for undergraduate students today
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan will launch Ehsaas For Students, the largest undergraduate scholarship program, to assist high-achievers from low-income families.
The Ehsaas Scholarship is a major initiative to enhance access to higher education as the government wishes to ensure that no student is deprived of education because of financial needs.
The program, which will give 50,000 scholarships per year, making it 200,000 in four years, cover tuition fees and stipend.
Fifty percent of scholarships have been reserved for female students and the students with special needs and also from remote and disadvantaged areas are especially encouraged to apply.
The eligibility criteria for students include admission on merit at any public sector university and with family income below the poverty threshold.
After launch, the students can apply online at http://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk or submit the completed forms along with necessary documents to the Financial Aid Office of the respective university.
The deadline for submission of application is December 10, 2019.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019