Curbing Terrorism: PM Nawaz summons apex committee session on September 10
The four provincial chief ministers, chief of army staff General Raheel Sharif, federal interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and heads of key law enforcement agencies will attend the session in Prime Minister's office.
During the meeting representatives of law enforcement agencies (LEAs) will brief the premier regarding steps being taken for implementation on twenty points laid down under National Action Plan (NAP).
"The meeting is expected to take key decisions about faster accountability of those sponsoring and facilitating terrorists," sources said. The prime minister will also direct respective authorities to speed up the process of registration of Madrisas and extradition of Afghan refugees.
Meanwhile Foreign office spokesperson Syed Qazi Khalilullah said the Pakistan has so far spent $1.9 billion from its own resources on military operation Zarb-i-Azb and return of Temporary Displaced Persons (TDPs).
A report published on the Radio Pakistan website quoted the FO spokesperson saying that the Coalition Support Fund (CSF) is reimbursement of the expenditures Pakistan incurred before the start of Operation Zarb-i-Azb.
Khalilullah further said the talks with the US authorities for the release of CSF are underway.
“Operation Zarb-i-Azb, Pakistan’s anti-terror offensive has been successful, indiscriminate and effective against terrorists of all kind,” he said while addressing the Foreign Office’s weekly news briefing in Islamabad.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021