PM Nawaz, COAS Raheel discuss CPEC security
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday and discussed the matters relating national security.
The two high-ups discussed internal and external security matters especially to ensure security of CPEC.
Reports said the PM and army chief have agreed that no stone would be left unturned to foil evil designs against the economic route.
According to sources, the PM was briefed that military’s especial security division has started working to protect the CPEC route.
In the meeting, the premier and the army chief also exchanged views over ongoing military operation, Zarb-e-Azb, and crackdown against criminals and militant groups in Karachi and other cities.
The two leaders also exchanged views on speeding up implementation of the National Action Plan, the sources added.
Earlier, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan called on the PM and discussed with him the overall security situation of the country.
- Shahid appointed captain of Royal Palm Golf Club12:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- UAE extends deadline of $2bn loan repayment for Pakistan12:13 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021