Sartaj Aziz holds dialogue with Afghan President, Foreign Minister in Kabul
Sartaj Aziz conveyed a crucial message of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to Afghan President.
According to media reports he urged Afghanistan to give up ongoing propaganda campaign against Pakistan. He further stressed Afghan leadership to continue peace dialogue with Taliban insurgents in order to restore peace and stability in war torn region. "Pakistan is still ready to play any key role in peace process," he offered.
Reliable sources in Kabul also claimed the Pakistani adviser has asked Ashraf Ghani to implement the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security (NDS) which was signed during May this year. According to the MoU both intelligence agencies agreed to cooperate with each other in fight against terrorism in bordering areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Earlier the NSA adviser met Afghan Foreign Minister Salahuddin Rabbani in Kabul on the sidelines of ministerial meeting of the Sixth Regional Economic Conference on Afghanistan (RECCA-VI).
During the meeting he asked Rabbani to take necessary steps for safety of Pakistani diplomats in Kabul. He advised the Afghan side that use of force against the Taliban will not be a wise decision. He said that Islamabad is still ready to facilitate the revival of stalled peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban.
The visit has taken place after a crucial visit of American National Security Adviser Susan Rice which stressed Pakistan to restore normal ties with Afghanistan while playing key role in Afghan peace process. She held meetings with Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, NSA Adviser Sartaj Aziz and Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif.
The visit was further followed by a brief visit of United States Ambassador in Kabul.
Meanwhile a statement from Chinese foreign office also suggested Afghanistan and Pakistan to cooperate with each for restoration of peace in the region.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021