Why General Raheel Sharif didn't like Imran Khan, senior journalist reveals inside story
Talking in his program Nuqta-e-Nazar, Shami said that during PTI's anti-PML-N sit-ins in the capital, Khan's meeting with general Raheel Sharif had ended up disappointing the former because of Khan's utter disregard for 'professionalism'.
"Khan kept calling him by his first name which irked the general," Shami said.
Many people interpreted Khan's recent meeting with Gen Bajwa as having a greater meaning while the country awaits the Supreme Court's verdict in the high-profile Panama Papers case embroiling the family of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Hours after the meeting, Khan announced that Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa "stands by democracy".
- Burj Khalifa turns white and green to mark Pakistan’s Independence ...11:23 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Taliban welcome Indian decision to return embassy staff to Kabul10:49 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- In Independence Day message, Blinken calls for further strengthening ...10:28 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- One died, scores injured in Karachi during celebratory gunfire on ...09:12 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Much awaited trailer of 'The Legend of Maula Jatt' FINALLY released08:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Celebs celebrate Pakistan’s Independence Day07:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022