Sindh cabinet approves ouster of IG Sindh AD Khawaja
According to Geo News, a session of the Sindh Cabinet was held under Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah. During the session, the provincial cabinet gave its approval for Sardar Abdul Majeed to assume the office of IG Sindh once again.
The Sindh government had surrendered the services of Khawaja to the federal government on Saturday, but it replaced the IG by appointing another grade-21 police officer Abdul Majeed as acting IG.
However, on Monday, the Sindh High Court (SHC) had suspended a notification issued by the Sindh government that replaced AD Khawaja with Sardar Abdul Majeed Dasti as the Inspector General of Police (IGP).
The police official (AD Khawaja) remained in the limelight ever since PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari decided to return home after ending self-exile in December last year.
AD Khawaja was reportedly sent on forced leave by the provincial government days before the arrival of Asif Ali Zardari.
Following the decision, Sindh High Court directed the provincial government not to take any action against the police official.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020