Sindh cabinet approves ouster of IG Sindh AD Khawaja
According to Geo News, a session of the Sindh Cabinet was held under Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah. During the session, the provincial cabinet gave its approval for Sardar Abdul Majeed to assume the office of IG Sindh once again.
The Sindh government had surrendered the services of Khawaja to the federal government on Saturday, but it replaced the IG by appointing another grade-21 police officer Abdul Majeed as acting IG.
However, on Monday, the Sindh High Court (SHC) had suspended a notification issued by the Sindh government that replaced AD Khawaja with Sardar Abdul Majeed Dasti as the Inspector General of Police (IGP).
The police official (AD Khawaja) remained in the limelight ever since PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari decided to return home after ending self-exile in December last year.
AD Khawaja was reportedly sent on forced leave by the provincial government days before the arrival of Asif Ali Zardari.
Following the decision, Sindh High Court directed the provincial government not to take any action against the police official.
- Burj Khalifa turns white and green to mark Pakistan’s Independence ...11:23 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Taliban welcome Indian decision to return embassy staff to Kabul10:49 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- In Independence Day message, Blinken calls for further strengthening ...10:28 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- One died, scores injured in Karachi during celebratory gunfire on ...09:12 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Much awaited trailer of 'The Legend of Maula Jatt' FINALLY released08:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Celebs celebrate Pakistan’s Independence Day07:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022