Pakistani filmmaker, Shahnawaz Zali's documentary gets a Student Oscar nomination
According to the details, the story of his documentary 100 steps (Sou Qadam) revolves around a young boy who is dragged into suicide bombings.
The Movie "100 Steps-Sau Qadam" shows how a simple and innocent individual is led to be trained as a terrorist out of sheer circumstances. The concept of creation of terrorists for mere advantage of a few people is depicted perfectly in this film.
Shahnawaz hails from Lahore but is currently enrolled in the Northwestern University (Qatar).
The ecstatic director while talking to Dawn News expressed his views after the nomination.
"As a story-teller, I wanted to create a film, which was a psychological thriller that ultimately helps defeat the stereotypical role of Pakistani’s portrayed in the media all over the globe" he said.
Revealing the idea behind the subject he opined that:
"I chose this subject because these things exist and it's happening all around us. I believe that for a nation to progress, we must first acknowledge and accept the fact that there is a problem."
Another Oscar winner Sharmeen Obaid took to twitter to felicitate the young cinematographer.
The prestigious award ceremony will be held on the 22nd of September but the subject and improvisation of the documentary pins hope on its success.
Have a look at the teaser:
- US agrees to give Turkey security control of Kabul airport after ...06:37 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Punjab enacts Apprenticeship Act 2021 after 60 years06:35 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Irfan emerges as senior professional leader in PGF Qualification ...05:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021