ECP adjourns petitions seeking disqualification of Imran Khan, Jehangir Tareen indefinitely
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday adjourned two petitions filed by PML-N leaders seeking disqualification of PTI chief Imran Khan and Jehangir Tareen for indefinite period.
A five-member commission headed by Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Justice (retd) Sardar Raza had heard the case filed by Talal Chaudhry and Muhammad Khan Daha against PTI leaders for filing fake financial statements of Bani Gala residence and alleged loan write-offs.
The ECP chief said that the Supreme Court was also hearing a case of a similar nature, and asked the petitioner's counsel about the status of the case. PML-N leaders's lawyer said that the case was under hearing.
On the other hand, Imran Khan's counsel Naeem Bukhar said that the ECP should dispose of the case.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021