ECP adjourns petitions seeking disqualification of Imran Khan, Jehangir Tareen indefinitely
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday adjourned two petitions filed by PML-N leaders seeking disqualification of PTI chief Imran Khan and Jehangir Tareen for indefinite period.
A five-member commission headed by Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Justice (retd) Sardar Raza had heard the case filed by Talal Chaudhry and Muhammad Khan Daha against PTI leaders for filing fake financial statements of Bani Gala residence and alleged loan write-offs.
The ECP chief said that the Supreme Court was also hearing a case of a similar nature, and asked the petitioner's counsel about the status of the case. PML-N leaders's lawyer said that the case was under hearing.
On the other hand, Imran Khan's counsel Naeem Bukhar said that the ECP should dispose of the case.
- India invites Pakistan, other regional powers for NSA-level talks on ...09:00 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- World’s largest copy of Quran being made in Pakistan07:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- First PIA flight to Oman’s Salalah airport receives water cannon ...07:05 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- ‘Historic moment’ – Islamabad airport handles first cargo for ...06:29 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Social media reacts to whooping hike in petrol price in Pakistan05:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi all praise for co-stars Bilal Abbas Khan and Sajal Aly10:48 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021