Qatar regrets fellow Gulf nations' decision to cut ties
The Arab countries took measures on baseless claims and allegations, the foreign ministry said in a statement.
Five Arab countries cut diplomatic ties with ... 09:14 AM | 5 Jun, 2017
DOHA - Five Arab states, including Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Yemen and Egypt announced on ...
The ministry added that such attempt by fellow Gulf nation would not impose any negative impact on lives of its citizens and residents.
Being a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Qatar respects the sovereignty of other states and avoid interfering in their internal matters.
Earlier, five Arab states, including Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Yemen and Egypt announced on Monday to cut all diplomatic relations with fellow Gulf Arab state, Qatar, for allegedly supporting terrorism and extremism.
Pakistan has no immediate plans to cut ties with ... 12:11 PM | 5 Jun, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has no immediate plans to cut diplomatic ties with Qatar, the Foreign Office spokesperson said on ...
Saudi Arabia’s official state news agency, citing an official source, said the Kingdom had decided to break relations with Qatar “proceeding from the exercise of its sovereign right guaranteed by international law and the protection of national security from the dangers of terrorism and extremism”.
Bahrain, a close ally of Saudi Arabia, said it cut relations “on the insistence of the state of Qatar to continue destabilizing the security and stability of the Kingdom of Bahrain and to intervene in its affairs.”
It has given 14 days time to all citizens to leave Bahrain.
Later, the UAE announced that it would break relations with the fellow Gulf country over allegations of supporting extremism and undermining regional stability. The Emirates gave diplomats 48 hours to leave the country.
Egypt also decided to close all air and sea routes for Qatar.
Qatar is the largest exporter of liquefied natural gas (LNG) in the world, besides having extensive air and banking links throughout the countries.
- Sudan’s military detains PM Hamdok, ministers as 'coup' underway04:19 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Supreme Court wants Nasla Tower demolished in a week03:45 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Scotland to face Afghanistan today03:23 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021