Facebook bans Indian politician over hate speech against Muslims
NEW DELHI - Facebook has banned an Indian politician belonging to ruling Bhartya Janta Party (BJP) for spreading hate speech about Muslims.
A Facebook spokesman said, a regional lawmaker for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ruling party, T. Raja Singh, was blocked "for violating our policy prohibiting those that promote or engage in violence and hate from having a presence on our platform.
Raja, who made headlines for reportedly saying that Muslim Rohingya refugees from Myanmar should be shot, will now be put on a Facebook list of "dangerous individuals".
Meanwhile, prominent Indian daily The Hindu has called for immediate restoration of normalcy in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K).
In an article, the paper opines that Indian government's belief in squeezing Kashmir’s freedom struggle can prove to be highly misplaced.
It notes that illegal detention of senior Kashmiri political leaders for several months has become a testimony to the widespread international concerns about human rights violations by Indian forces in Kashmir.
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- FIA Lahore summons Salman Shahbaz05:54 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC flimsy attempt to put pressure on govt: Shibli04:01 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020