Pakistan exports surgical goods, medical instruments worth $221m
During the period from July-January, 2017-18, the exports of medical goods and surgical instruments grew by 15.27 percent as above mentioned commodities worth $221.298 million exported as compared the exports of $191.979 million of the same period last year.
Meanwhile, cutlery goods valuing $52.200 million exported in last seven months as compared the exports of $46.224 million, showing an increase of 12.93 percent during the period under review, said data of Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).
During the period under review, the country earned $615.824 million by exporting different chemicals and pharmaceutical products as compared the exports of $470.060 million of the same period of last year, which was up by 31.1 percent.
In last seven months exports of fertilizers, manufacture grew by 100 percent as country earned $43.488 million by exporting about 198,214 metric tons of fertilizers manufactured as against the exports of the corresponding period of last year.
During the period under review, other chemicals valuing $313.04 million exported as compared the exports of $217.690 million of the same period last year, hence showing an increase of 43.78 percent.
Month on month basis the exports of surgical goods and medical instruments also grew by 13.1 percent in the month of January 2018 as compared the same month of last year as medical goods and medical instruments worth $31.240 million exported as compared the exports of 27.644 million of the same period last year.
- Pakistani PM Imran tells Taliban not to ban women's education11:59 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Trudeau’s Liberal Party narrowly wins Canada elections11:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Taliban vow stern action against fighters who removed Pakistan flag ...10:35 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021