Buckingham Palace showcased designs by underprivileged Pakistanis
He created a skirt and a coat featuring designs worked on by the ‘truck artists’ of Pakistan. Initially designed by truck artists of Pakistan, printed on silk and then embroidered by the village women of Bahawalpur.
Co-hosted by the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton and The Countess of Wessex, Sophie, the event showcased talent and art from 53 countries!
According to the founder and creative director of Eco-Age, Livia Firth, “This is a project rich in partnerships and creative co-design. For example, one of our very talented designers from India is paired with an artisan group in Tuvalu. As someone who is passionate about joining the threads of global fashion and creating real partnerships you can imagine how exciting it is for us to be involved.”
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021