Buckingham Palace showcased designs by underprivileged Pakistanis
He created a skirt and a coat featuring designs worked on by the ‘truck artists’ of Pakistan. Initially designed by truck artists of Pakistan, printed on silk and then embroidered by the village women of Bahawalpur.
Co-hosted by the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton and The Countess of Wessex, Sophie, the event showcased talent and art from 53 countries!
According to the founder and creative director of Eco-Age, Livia Firth, “This is a project rich in partnerships and creative co-design. For example, one of our very talented designers from India is paired with an artisan group in Tuvalu. As someone who is passionate about joining the threads of global fashion and creating real partnerships you can imagine how exciting it is for us to be involved.”
- Disappointed with PM Imran’s speech, PTI ticket holder from ...02:13 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- US formally invites Pakistan to climate change summit after initial ...12:31 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021