Prince William becomes the first royal to visit Palestinian territories
He will be the first royal to make an official trip since 1948, and this will be William’s first trip to Middle East.
The British government condemns the illegal occupation of Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
The Duke of Cambridge will visit Israel, Jordan and the Occupied Palestinian Territories in the Summer. pic.twitter.com/VSdx7ts1Ff— The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (@KensingtonRoyal) March 1, 2018
Israel’s President Reuven Rivlin tweeted his appreciation for the Prince, announcing that his visit will be a "special present" on the 70th year of independence.
Nechama & I were happy to hear @KensingtonRoyal announcement, and look forward to welcoming #PrinceWilliam, the Duke of Cambridge, on an official visit to the State of #Israel later this year. A very special guest, and a very special present for our 70th year of independence.— Reuven Rivlin (@PresidentRuvi) March 1, 2018
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas also welcomed the Prince and talked about strengthening the ties between two people.
After this news broke Amnesty International NGO urged Prince William to address the situation in occupied Palestine and the misery of people living there.
Amnesty International UK's head of policy and government affairs, Allan Hogarth, on Prince William's visit to the Occupied Palestinian Territories ... pic.twitter.com/6JiqkH9poe— News From Amnesty (@NewsFromAmnesty) March 1, 2018
We hope this trip of Prince William brings some ease on the people as well on the policies.
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: FM Qureshi leaves for New York06:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021