Three held for killing Chinese woman, looting foreigners
Addressing a press conference also attended by Security Officer Chinese Embassy Peng Yunfei and people from Chinese Community, AIG Farrukh Rasheed, SSP Islamabad Najeeb Ur Rehman Bugvi, SP Investigation Zubair Ahmad Shaikh, SP Saddar Muhammad Amir Niazi, the IGP said that unidentified persons barged into the house of Chinese woman on December 29, 2017 residing in the Ramana police area. They took away cash and other valuables from the house and killed her on offering resistance to them.
Ramana police station registered the case (no.364) under section 302/379, he said adding that a case was transferred to CIA police and a team was constituted under the supervision of SP (Investigation) Zubair Ahmed Sheikh to trace the killers. This team included DSP CIA Muhammad Ashraf Shah, ASI Suleman Shah, Constables Waseem Iqbal, Fahad Ameen, Ali Asghar, and Shehzad.
This police team, the IGP said, scrutinized the criminal record, started the investigation into the issue on technical grounds and succeeded to arrest three persons involved in this crime. They have been identified as Syed Tehseen s/o Syed Gul Hussain Shah, Syed Zulqarnain s/o Syed Kamal Hussain Shah and Khurram Ibrahim s/o Ibrahim Satti.
He said that police team recovered two pistols, steel hammer, iron rod, veils, cash Rs. 1,60,000, two laptops and one mobile phone from them.
During the preliminary investigation, Temuri said these criminals confessed to kill Chinese woman and looting foreigners including Chinese national in sectors F-8, F-10, G-10, G-9, and G-11. They used to observe Chinese people during their shopping activities in market, chase and mark their houses and plan to loot them.
Further investigation is underway from them.
Security Officer Chinese Embassy Peng Yunfei appreciated the performance and hard work of Islamabad police in tracing this murder. He also lauded the steps taken by Islamabad police to ensure protection to the Chinese people residing in Islamabad.
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan’s slide on inclusive internet index continues, drops to ...10:23 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- ‘Follow my TikTok account,’ Umar Akmal appeals to fans09:50 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- India’s Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-1908:34 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests come to an end as Parliament votes on French ...08:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021