Pakistani celebs urge action against Fayaz-ul-Hasan Chohan for harsh comments on Hindus
Sharing the Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari’s Tweet, Mahira Khan said “Action not just condemnation.”
Tagging Prime Minister Imran Khan, Shireen Mazari and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) official, Mahira Khan said, “Always a good time to set an example, but now may be the best time!”
Shireen Mazari had tweeted, “Absolutely condemn this. No one has the right to attack anyone else's religion. Our Hindu citizens have given sacrifices for their country. Our PM's message is always of tolerance and respect and we cannot condone any form of bigotry or spread of religious hatred.”
Absolutely condemn this. No one has the right to attack anyone else's religion. Our Hindu citizens have given sacrifices for their country. Our PM's msg is always of tolerance & respect & we cannot condone any form of bigotry or spread of religious hatred. https://t.co/uOTeyEg4Pb— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) March 4, 2019
“You are free; to go to your temples..to go to your mosques or any other places of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion,caste or creed—that has nothing to do with the business of the state.”— MAWRA HOCANE (Hussain) (@MawraHocane) March 5, 2019
Read this in 5th grade, shall stay with me forever.
Dear @ShireenMazari1 please do take heed of the awful way Fayaz Chohan dose to speak about a religion that belongs to many Pakistanis also. Many of us have found his words racist, dangerous, as they can incite violence against Hindu Pakistanis, & very offensive. Plz do stop him🇵🇰— Nadia Jamil (@NJLahori) March 4, 2019
Naeem ul Haque:
The derogatory and insulting remarks against the Hindu community by Fayyaz Chohan the Punjab Info Minister demand strict action. PTI govt will not tolerate this nonsense from a senior member of the govt or from anyone. Action will be taken after consulting the Chief Minister.— Naeem ul Haque (@naeemul_haque) March 4, 2019
Hindus of Pakistan are as much a part of the fabric of the nation as I am. Remember the flag of Pakistan is not just green....its not complete without the white which represents the minorities. Quaide Azam's whole struggle was for a country free of discrimination— Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) March 4, 2019
Earlier the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government party leader Naeemul Haque had responded to the deprecatory remarks made by Punjab Information Minister Fayyaz ul Hassan Chohan against Pakistan's Hindu community.
"The derogatory and insulting remarks against the Hindu community by Fayyaz Chohan the Punjab Info Minister demand strict action. PTI govt will not tolerate this nonsense from a senior member of the govt or from anyone. Action will be taken after consulting the Chief Minister," Haque, who is a special assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan, tweeted.
What is your say on this? Share your thoughts with us in the comments box below.
- J&K – India approves to build power project on Chenab River in ...02:04 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Wuhan returns to normal as world still battling pandemic01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- UN advises staff not to travel on Pakistan-registered airlines01:13 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Caught on cam: Women thieves shoplift jewellery in Hafizabad (VIDEO)12:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Bilawal House announces schedule for Bakhtawar-Mahmood wedding05:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021