Abid Ali dies at 67
Ali was under treatment for a liver ailment at a private hospital in Karachi since the last two months.
Condolences poured in from several celebrities after his wife, Rabia Ali, confirmed the news of his death.
Our very dear and senior actor and friend ABID ALI sahab has passed away. Inna lillahe wa inna ilaehe rajioon.
May Allah bless his soul and reward him a place in jannat, aameen
This is a sad moment for us.
— Faysal Quraishi (@faysalquraishi) September 5, 2019
Deeply saddened to hear about Abid Ali sahab’s death. A legendary actor and a man with a heart of gold. May Allah bless him with jannat and give his family, fans and our industry the strength to bear this tremendous loss. We will miss you sir and your work will never be forgotten pic.twitter.com/nEKr3HYDO8
— Humayun Saeed (@iamhumayunsaeed) September 5, 2019
R.I.P #AbidAli sir. You were a legend, you are a legend and you will forever be a shining star of the industry. ?— Armeena Khan (@ArmeenaRK) September 5, 2019
Born in Quetta, Ali was the recipient of the prestigious Presidential award – Pride of Performance. He has left behind three daughters, including Rahma and model and actor Iman Ali. He was recently seen in the film Heer Maan Ja alongside Ali Rehman Khan and Hareem Farooq.
Abid Ali had also joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in 2018.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021