Queen Máxima of the Netherlands to arrive in Islamabad on Tuesday
The queen is the UN secretary-general’s special advocate for inclusive finance for development and her visit will start in Islamabad on Tuesday from a meeting with State Bank of Pakistan Governor Ashraf Mahmood Wathra and representatives of public and private banks to discuss their role in making financial services available.
According to sources, Queen Máxima scheduled visit comes in support of Pakistan’s National Financial Inclusion Strategy.
Financial inclusion, launched in May 2015, the strategy aims to expand the availability of the financial tools the poor need to protect themselves against hardship and improve their lives.
- Aima Baig pens heartfelt note on her father's birthday12:11 AM | 7 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022