SC rejects ECP appeal to reschedule Cantonment Board LG polls
A three member bench headed by Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja while hearing the case, also directed the Secretary ECP to submit a fresh schedule for conducting LG polls in Sindh, Punjab and Islamabad by 10 March.
Justice Khawaja remarked that a delay of even one day would not be tolerated without any legitimate reason.
The Secretary ECP responded that the ECP is ready to conduct polls in Sindh and Punjab on 20 September this year.
The court also expressed its anger at the absence of the Attorney General (AG) today and said that the ECP needs to submit to the court in written its recommendation of 20 September as new date for Sindh and Punjab LG polls.
- Info Minister's brother Faisal Chaudhry made NAB prosecutor10:26 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Ahead of UN talks, FM Qureshi calls for unfreezing of Afghan assets ...09:56 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,897 new Covid cases, lowest in two months09:04 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 September 202108:35 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021