Kashmir Action Committee Pakistan calls on initiating criminal proceedings against India over Kashmir killings
The huddle took place on Thursday under the chair of President, Justice (Retd.) Syed Sharif Hussain Bokhari and issued statements and multiple demands to put an end to the atrocities in the restive region.
"We strongly condemn the brutal killing of 13 Kashmiri Muslim youth and 4 others civilians and wounding of about 200 civilians including women with pellets and bullets on last Sunday in Shopian and Islamabad areas of Kashmir Valley by the Indian army," said a statement issued by the committee.
The participants agreed on the fact that the killing spree which started in August 2016 with the killing of Burhan Wani, a Kashmiri Muslim youth, continues unabated which has resulted in deaths of more than 200 Kashmiri Muslims besides blinding and wounding thousands of Kashmiris, including small girls.
India imposes curfew after clashes leave 20 dead ... 05:47 PM | 2 Apr, 2018
SRINAGAR - At least 20 people are dead and 200 injured in Indian-administered Kashmir after fierce clashes between ...
The attendees also requested U.N. Secretary-General and U.N. Human Rights Commission to take immediate steps to stop this killing spree and gross violation of Human Rights in Kashmir by Indian Army and Security Forces.
The group also urged the Security Council to act promptly under Article 24 of the U.N. Charter as in terms of its Resolution on Kashmir dated March 30, 1951, according to which it was the duty of the Security Council to aid the parties to reach an amicable.
"We demand the Government of Pakistan to raise Kashmir issue before the world fora, particularly Security Council which is seized of this issue since January,1948 and has passed many resolutions for its peaceful settlement in accordance with the wishes of the people of the Jammu and Kashmir State," continued the statement.
The association appealed to the conscientious International Community and Indian civil society to raise voice against the repressive rule and gross human rights violations and state terrorism in Indian held Jammu & Kashmir and let the people there live in peace with dignity.
- 4th PGA Ladies Amateur Golf Championship concludes08:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PM Imran announces Pakistan's bravery award for man who tried saving ...08:35 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Coca Cola Super League Polo: Zacky Farms win another title08:02 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Punjab governor draws world's attention to humanitarian crisis in ...07:33 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Corps Commander Polo Cup sponsored by Diamond Paints: Remounts lift ...07:12 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh win hearts with killer dance moves on ...05:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Hira Khan’s new dance video goes viral04:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars spotted dancing at celebrity wedding04:06 PM | 5 Dec, 2021