CJP takes notice of terminally ill prisoners confined across Pakistan
The notice was taken in the backdrop of the Chief Justice of Pakistan's visit to Central Prison, Karachi on May 12, where certain such prisoners had been confined.
On taking notice of the matter by CJP, a few of such prisoners were released, while the Jail Superintendent was directed to put up the cases of other such convicted prisoners before the authority concerned for considering the possibility of pre-mature release in accordance with prison rules.
Furthermore, certain others were advised to seek remedies from the courts where their cases were pending. Chief Justice of Pakistan has now further called reports with regard to ninety-one terminally ill prisoners with life threatening diseases, confined in prisons throughout Pakistan and has issued notices to Advocate General, Chief Secretaries, Home Secretaries, Health Secretaries, and Inspectors General (Prisons) of all the Provinces for hearing on Tuesday (June 12) at Supreme Court Branch Registry, Lahore
- Mahira Khan wants to recreate this scene with Shah Rukh Khan!10:07 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Army chief Gen (r) Bajwa watches PAKvENG Test at ...09:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- BTS member Jin reveals his biggest wish on his birthday06:25 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022