CJP takes notice of terminally ill prisoners confined across Pakistan
The notice was taken in the backdrop of the Chief Justice of Pakistan's visit to Central Prison, Karachi on May 12, where certain such prisoners had been confined.
On taking notice of the matter by CJP, a few of such prisoners were released, while the Jail Superintendent was directed to put up the cases of other such convicted prisoners before the authority concerned for considering the possibility of pre-mature release in accordance with prison rules.
Furthermore, certain others were advised to seek remedies from the courts where their cases were pending. Chief Justice of Pakistan has now further called reports with regard to ninety-one terminally ill prisoners with life threatening diseases, confined in prisons throughout Pakistan and has issued notices to Advocate General, Chief Secretaries, Home Secretaries, Health Secretaries, and Inspectors General (Prisons) of all the Provinces for hearing on Tuesday (June 12) at Supreme Court Branch Registry, Lahore
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer’s father withdraws petition against ...04:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021