Committee constituted to probe controversial news leak
According to a notification issued by the Ministry of Interior on Monday, the committee will be headed by retired Justice Amir Raza Khan.
The members of the committee include Provincial Ombudsman Punjab Najam Saeed, Secretary Establishment Syed Tahir Shahbaz, Director FIA Punjab Dr Usman Anwar and one member each from Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI),Military Intelligence (MI) and Intelligence Bureau Intelligence (IB).
Interior Minister had said on Saturday that the probe of the planted story would not be against former Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid.
The Prime Minister, on October 29, took back the Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage from Pervaiz Rashid.
On 6 October, Dawn newspaper had published the story in which journalist Cyril Almeida had written about an alleged civil-military rift during the National Security Committee (NSC) meeting over the issue of tackling jihadi outfits.
- Indian PM Modi wishes Muslim on Eid Milad-un-Nabi05:42 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Yashma Gill shares adorable photos from her birthday bash03:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021