Committee constituted to probe controversial news leak
According to a notification issued by the Ministry of Interior on Monday, the committee will be headed by retired Justice Amir Raza Khan.
The members of the committee include Provincial Ombudsman Punjab Najam Saeed, Secretary Establishment Syed Tahir Shahbaz, Director FIA Punjab Dr Usman Anwar and one member each from Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI),Military Intelligence (MI) and Intelligence Bureau Intelligence (IB).
Interior Minister had said on Saturday that the probe of the planted story would not be against former Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid.
The Prime Minister, on October 29, took back the Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage from Pervaiz Rashid.
On 6 October, Dawn newspaper had published the story in which journalist Cyril Almeida had written about an alleged civil-military rift during the National Security Committee (NSC) meeting over the issue of tackling jihadi outfits.
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Aqeel and Sarah win Shehryar Malik Memorial Tennis titles06:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021