UNSC welcome Yemeni govt, Southern Transitional Council’s Riyadh agreement
NEW YORK - The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has welcomed the Riyadh agreement between the Yemeni government and the Southern Transitional Council.
In a press statement, the members of the council recognized that this agreement represents a positive and important step toward a comprehensive and inclusive political solution for Yemen.
The council members reiterated their full support for a negotiated political settlement that engages all parties in an inclusive dialogue to resolve differences and addresses the legitimate concerns of all Yemenis, the Radio Pakistan reported.
They reiterated their call on the parties to continue broader implementation of the Stockholm agreement reached between the Yemeni government and Houthi rebels in December 2018.
- PM Imran warns world to take notice of India's ultranationalist ...12:51 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- FATF holds meeting in Paris to decide Pakistan’s fate today12:21 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Armeena Khan ties the knot with Fesl Khan on Valentine's day02:12 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019