Imran Khan to address NA over 'references' on Thursday
It was stated by PTI senior leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi during a press conference outside the Parliament House on Wednesday.
Responding to a question, Qureshi said: "The PTI chairman will attend Thursday's NA session and present his point of view on this matter in detail."
He further said that he has also discussed the issue with Leader of The Opposition Syed Khursheed Shah and that the opposition parties will adopt a joint policy for an investigation into the Panama Papers leaks.
Earlier this week, NA Speaker Ayaz Sadiq rejected all of the references filed by the opposition parties for disqualification of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over the revelations made in the Panama Papers.
On the other hand, the Speaker forwarded a reference filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz for disqualification of PTI chairman Imran Khan to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) without acceptance or rejection.
The reference will now be examined by the ECP and a decision will be given within 90 days.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa, wife recover from coronavirus01:17 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nescafe Basement’s Xulfi accused of sexual harassment11:02 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021