No tribute to war martyrs as parliamentarians fail to attend National Assembly session
The house was about to adopt two resolutions when a PPP’s lawmaker interrupted and pointed at the lack of quorum necessary for NA proceedings.
The government side has almost prepared a resolution for Defence Day but the session was adjourned owing to lack of quorum.
Another resolution was related to condemning the execution of Jamaat-i-Islami leader Mir Quasem Ali in Bangladesh. He was hanged after being convicted for alleged offenses committed during 1971 war.
Interesting, Jamaat-i-Islami lawmaker Sher Akbar had read out resolution to condemn the act of Bangladesh government but it could not be passed in the house. As, PPP’s MNA Abdul Sattar Bachani raised objections that these resolutions cannot be passed in absence of majority of legislators.
“There is lack of quorum in the house. How we (MNAs) can pass resolutions in such situation,” said MNA Bachani and pointed out quorum. There were hardly 40 MNAs from both sides of the aisle present in the house when the quorum was indicated, The Nation reported.
Earlier after Quetta carnage, lawmakers failed to pass resolution denouncing the deadly blast due to lack of quorum.
- Hasheeh, Shimza, Asad win titles in Hush Puppies Junior National ...11:42 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Twitter finds ‘PTI’ man who attacked PML-N leaders outside ...11:11 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi and Shahid Afridi's daugher to get ...09:23 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill eight terrorists including 3 commanders in ...08:26 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Shehnaaz Gill and Badshah’s new song is a treat for the fans07:25 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021