Pinky Memsaab wins audience choice award at UK Asian Film Festival
The entire team attended the award ceremony and the protagonist of Pinky Memsaab, Hajra Yamin, took to Instagram to share a picture of the award.
Directed and written by debutant Shazia Ali Khan, Pinky Memsaab portrays the lives of Pinky (Hajra), Mehr (Kiran Malik), Hassan (Adnan Jaffar) and Santosh (Sunny Hinduja). The story revolves around the individual journeys and struggles of Pinky and Mehr and the consequences they face, as a result of their personal struggles.
The UK Asian Film Festival aims to celebrate, award and reward great films, filmmakers and artists from South Asia. It offers an eclectic mix of films, stimulating interviews, outstanding masterclasses, workshops, live performances, visual arts exhibitions and annual short film competition.
The lead actress, Hajra Yamin, has also been nominated for the ‘Best Actress’ category this year in the Lux Style Awards. Pinky Memsaab is also available on Netflix now.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmad tests positive for COVID-19: ...07:34 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Meet Waseem Lata – the Pakistani man who sings in legendary Indian ...07:00 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021