LHC finally declares Ayyan’s bail plea maintainable
The court removed its earlier objection on the bail plea of Ayyan and decided to hear her application.
Earlier, the LHC declared bail plea of Ayyan was not maintainable on the ground that a petition for bail had already been rejected by the court.
Read more : ‘Ayyan Ali is five months pregnant’
Khurrum Latif Khosa, the counsel for Ayyan said that the earlier rejected plea was against a customs court, while the fresh bail plea is directly addresses the LHC.
LHC justice Justice Abdul Sami took her lawyer’s view into consideration and said that a separate bail petition before the LHC is maintainable.
In her application, Ayyan sought bail, having the stance that she went to the airport to hand the money over to her brother who was arriving there via an Emirates flight.
It is pertinent to mention here that Ayyan Ali is under detention in Adiala Jail in a money-laundering case.
- Fawad Chaudhry, Azam Swati served notices for levelling allegations ...07:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- SBP enables Pakistanis to open bank accounts through digital channels07:15 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Virat Kohli announces to step down as India’s T20I captain06:41 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UK decides about Pakistan’s red list status today06:23 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021