SECP issues 29 show-cause notices to insurance companies
The violations include failing to meet the fit and proper criteria, non-filing of returns, annual audited financial statements, failure to meet the minimum solvency requirements, failure to maintain proper books and records and late payments of claims, said an SECP statement issued here on Wednesday.
The SECP's Insurance Division also concluded 17 proceedings against the companies, chief executives and directors of the insurance companies for these violations.
Moreover, invoking Section 65 of the ordinance, the Commission passed an order requiring the Board of Directors of an insurance company to vacate office for three years for material violations and deceptive practices.
- MDCAT mandatory for admission to medical colleges, rules Pakistan's ...09:04 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Tourism Dept committed to restoring museums, historical sites in ...06:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021