SECP issues 29 show-cause notices to insurance companies
ISLAMABAD (APP) - The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has issued 29 show-cause notices to insurance companies for non-compliance with various insurance and allied laws, including the Insurance Ordinance, 2000.
The violations include failing to meet the fit and proper criteria, non-filing of returns, annual audited financial statements, failure to meet the minimum solvency requirements, failure to maintain proper books and records and late payments of claims, said an SECP statement issued here on Wednesday.
The SECP's Insurance Division also concluded 17 proceedings against the companies, chief executives and directors of the insurance companies for these violations.
Moreover, invoking Section 65 of the ordinance, the Commission passed an order requiring the Board of Directors of an insurance company to vacate office for three years for material violations and deceptive practices.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020