WCR holds peace walk on International Women's Day
Speaking at the conference for women rights, Hafiz Muhammad Noman Hamid said that the day marked the achievements of women who have achieved success and proved to be at par with men in diverse fields of life, adding, “Our religion gives us the clear message regarding the rights of women”. The legislation was made at the national and provincial level to ensure the rights of women, he said, adding that there is need to implement the laws.
Addressing the conference, Dr Zafar Moeen Nasir stressed highlighting the rights of women among the male segment of the society as “We can make the country progress by protecting the rights of women”.
Dr Jamila Shaukar while sharing her views said that women were playing the active role at the national and international level for their rights, adding that approval of a bill by Punjab government against violence on women was a good gesture.
Institute of Islamic Studies Dean Dr Tahira Basharat, Dr Hafiza Shahida Parveen, Dr Samina Sadia also addressed the conference. On the occasion, different competitions were organised for the students. The council also celebrated the achievement of women in education, politics, economy and other fields. PR
- Karachi court issues non-bailable arrest warrants of Manzoor ...12:15 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Happy Birthday Shahid Afridi: Wishes pour in for ‘Boom Boom’ on ...11:45 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Indian PM receives first dose of homegrown COVID-19 vaccine11:25 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Mirpur goes into lockdown amid alarming spike in Covid-19 cases11:05 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6, Match 12: Quetta Gladiators, Islamabad United to lock horns ...10:40 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021