Avenfield case: NAB court rules out making entire Panamagate JIT report part of record
Judge Mohammad Bashir resumed hearing of a case filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) against Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar regarding properties in London.
Nawaz Sharif and other accused in the case have reached court to attend the hearing. They were granted exemption from today's hearing after Nawaz counsel informed the court his client's health was not well.
Later, a key prosecution witnesse, Wajid Zia appeared before the court with complete JIT report to record his statement. He explained the working of the JIT before the court.
After his statement, Maryam and Safdar's counsel, Amjad Pervez, cross-examined Zia. Pervez argued that JIT's findings at the end of each volume could not be made part of the case.
The judge agreed with Pervez and ordered Zia to record his statement regarding the evidence and document, which have been included in the JIT report regarding Avenfield properties. However, the JIT head expressed his inability to it.
The court has adjourned the case until March 15 when the JIT head will complete his statement in the case.
It is to mention here that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had filed three interim corruption references regarding London properties, Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Flagship Investment and other offshore companies against former prime minister, his children – Hasan, Hussain and Maryam Nawaz – and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar in light of the Supreme Court’s July 28 verdict in the Panama Papers case.
The anti-graft watchdog recently filed supplementary references in all three cases – Avenfiled properties, Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Flagship Investment and other offshore companies.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021